Compact and Advanced Controllers are both designed to control your stirred-tank glass or single-use vessels. Our Single Use Bioreactor systems (SUB Disposable) can be used for animal, plant and insect cell cultivation as well as for microbial fermentation.
One or more control towers drive single or parallel culture vessels independently of each other, opening up a new world of flexibility for your changing requirements.
Whether you need to perform batch, fed-batch or perfusion processes for process development, production or preclinical and upscaling studies, BIO BENCH is the ideal benchtop bioreactor for your lab.
SUB Disposable vessels: 3-10-20-30-50 Litres
Key competitive advantages
Key competitive advantages
- Fully configurable, single-use bioreactors with a choice of cell vessels for cell culture and bacto-vessels for fermentation from 3 to 50 litres in volume
- Highest-quality polycarbonate and Nylon components for safe, single-use operations
- A wide range of impellers, rotation or up-flow/down-flow/axial/radial fluid circulation for any application;
- Full range of sensors, classic and single-use sensors for pH and DO, liquid level/foam sensors;
- MST drive or HPD for connection to most servo motors;
- Temperature controlled liquid jacket RUJ or SUJ through electrical heating blankets
- Aeration methods such as micro-pore spargers, hole spargers, l-spargers, head space gas exchange
- Large selection of accessories to configure the vessel according to your application
- Bio Bench Compact and Bio Bench Advanced both Controller platforms are compatible with interchangeable, classic stirred tank glass autoclavable and SUB disposable vessels from 75ml to 75l in volume.
- Intuitive controller and software interface for entry-level or advanced operating modes.
- Pre-programmed, ready to use configurations for fermentation or cell culture
- Built-in modules with a full range of sensors, gas mixing and pumping systems for full process control
- Single and parallel SUB (Single Use Bioreactor) operations with up to 36 systems online through our powerful Bioflex software
- Mixing and impellers: we offer a wide variety of impellers to suit your specific needs, with impellers including pitch, kidney, marine, and helical principal applications, and between 2 and 4 blades.
Accordingly, the blade angle can differ as well, with the angle to the horizontal plane being available in 15, 30, or 45° variants.
- Tube stator with baffles for axial vortex mixing, giving improved mass transfer and increased productivity
- Aeration is extremely important and accordingly, we supply various Ebeam/Gamma-tolerant polyethylene (PE), hydrophobic membranes such as:
– Micro-porous bodies with 15 μm pores.
– Macro-porous bodies with 100 μm pores.
– Macro-porous bodies with 250 μm pores.
– Super macro-porous bodies with 500 μm holes.
- Sensors: the in-and-out system in our single-use bioreactors is usually equipped with weldable hoses. However, you can choose the type of hose and connectors for fluids passing in and out of the head plate.
- Available sensors: reusable and disposable. We recommend single-use sensors (SUS) because:
- Integrated SUS reduce the risk of any contamination.
- They significantly reduce valuable prep time and labour because no autoclaving sterilisation is needed.
- SUS setup is possible directly on the bench top.
- Temperature control: our typical single-use bioreactors are equipped with silicone heating blankets or a double wall jacket in a closed loop.
- High precision E-beam (32 kGy) irradiated in dual polyester foil bags
- Highest-quality polycarbonate and nylon components
- Number of standard PG13: 5 ports depending on SUB diameter
- Available integrated online sensors including biomass, optical density, gas analyser, glucose analysers, alcohol analyser, pCO2 analysers and more.
- Twenty-four hour online maintenance service and support with remote diagnostics.